Customaker Models Stuck at "First to Try"

Discussion in 'Customizable Products & Design' started by DavidAmbrose, Feb 16, 2016.

1. DavidAmbrose
    DavidAmbrose Active Member
    I noticed last month that all of my models that are using Customaker are stuck as "First to Try" even though they've been printed numerous times. I didn't even think about it until I ordered one of my bottle openers and couldn't figure out anything to type, so I left it blank. To my surprise it came out as a change in the Printability status.

I personally wouldn't care if it says that or not, but I brought up this issue in another forum and the designers brought up the point that a lot of their customers see this Printability Status as a badge of honor before they will even purchase an item. I have photos of the designs that are printed successfully, but I guess that's not enough.

The other issue is that I think it might slow down production because it might take longer in the manual approval stage, especially with some of the outsourcing that happens. I don't want to order one of all my designs with a blank tag in order to get this status, but I've even thought about getting rid of the Customaker option all together if it's really an issue.

Does anyone at Shapeways have an info on this? Or does anyone else have experience with this that they could share? Thanks in advance.

-David

2. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    I don't think Shapeways has ever commented on this officially but I theorize that the reason is that failures or successful prints with customization do not necessarily correlate with success or failure of the uncustomakerized model. In addition some submitted personalization images may cause problems and others may be just fine. So I think they treat every custommakerized model as a unique model.

3. DavidAmbrose
    DavidAmbrose Active Member
    Just to follow up on this, I believe this issue was fixed shortly after I made this thread. Hopefully it's still working with the newest updates. The new updates have their own issues which will hopefully be fixed soon.