Custom Project Request!!!

Discussion in 'Design and Modeling' started by Tequilask201, May 3, 2018.

1. Tequilask201
    Tequilask201 Member
    My boyfriend graduated college with an associates degree, he loves to collect pewter figurines like dragons, wizards, fairies etc. I really want to do something special for him and get a figurine of him made as a wizard! the figurine would be 4 1/2"- 5" tall. I really want it to be pewter. seeing as I know nothing about this stuff I need estimates on the cost as well so I know how much I need. He worked really hard to accomplish this goal so I want him to have something that will really mean something to him, I've tried so many places this is like the last place I have. Thank you for taking the time to read and for any consideration on the project!
    Tequila

2. justinrc
    justinrc Member
    You would need to make a two part mold out of something high temp. It would be costly to do a one off. The cheapest route that you could go is probably a mold made from a high temp silicone. It would require a model to mold and then someone with some basic smelting tools to melt and pour the pewter. So... probably at least $200 dollars and a whole lot of trial and error and/or favors.