Covid And Cast (plated) Metals

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nickola, May 25, 2020.

1. DigitalDream
    DigitalDream Well-Known Member
    One of my rings I have ordert has arrived on Saturday this gives hope that the cast it's going on...

2. LoveAndShapes
    LoveAndShapes Well-Known Member
    Yes trying to re-order some pieces in sterling... but not possible at all. Some other pieces are in the que for almost three months now, feel very fortunate to have these patient and understanding clients. I now started to experiment with delft clay casting, so far it looks good, i might decide to take the step to vacuum casting. That way will be more flexible and maybe even save some money along the way.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  3. AleaGray
    AleaGray Member
    In India? Okay, that explains the delays..

Oh and thank you @GoldenFawna, its okay.. this pandemic is heating up everyones head unfortunately.. I hope the world will be okay soon. I will check the link, thank you!

4. FerretDesigns
    FerretDesigns Well-Known Member
    Are we able to order cast metals again yet?

5. Cleantex
    Cleantex Member
    I was today receiving my brass cast model ordered in avril. Must say, I am a little disappointed in the quality. Something very strange, in the ladder from the boxcab was hanging a stainless rod, that was having nothing to do there. I dont wanted to sent back and arrived to dig it out between 2 rivets finally.
    Also a lot of out sticking part bended. Ok, you can bend back in brass. But for what reason to sent this sensitive parts in the black velvet bag. This things are not gift and this bags not really suitable. And cost money, for nothing. So why not ask if with or without velvet bag ?
    SW_InoxStift.jpg

6. lawrencekramer2014
    lawrencekramer2014 Well-Known Member
    That stainless rod is part of the standard stainless steel polishing mix that everyone uses for tumbler based machine post casting light polishing. It is always annoying when some of the stainless shot gets stuck inside a delicate complicated casting, but not all that unusual. Best Wishes,