Cool stuff!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by UniverseBecoming, Sep 11, 2013.

1. numarul7
    numarul7 Well-Known Member
    It is only for private link , I see nothing on the site about it!?

2. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    Yes very very COOL!

LOOK AT THAT PRINTER THOUGH!!! That's almost as cool as the car! HAHA!! :D

I think maybe the machine tool manufacturer Cincinnati built the printer since I heard that they were involved with this as well.

3. UniverseBecoming
    Hmmmm... Did you try refreshing the page?

Yes I'm already dreaming of things to make with gems! If I could just become eight people I could do all the things I want to do! HAHAHA! :D

4. numarul7
    numarul7 Well-Known Member
    I have read it "store setting" ... i guess I go to get my coffee.

5. I hope my article helped you and I need to link from you and you are welcome to cooperate with me. thank you very much.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  6. UniverseBecoming
    I don't understand your post Davidjones. What article were you referring too? :)

7. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    It was in another post, that was deleted.

8. UniverseBecoming
    I see, thanks.

9. MrNib
    MrNib Well-Known Member
  10. UniverseBecoming
    Love it! :D

11. UniverseBecoming
    If this proves to be true then this is definitely cool! It would let us make super hard cutting tools and ultra long lasting bearing surfaces.

12. This might be slightly off-topic, but I think it is the most amazing innovation I've seen in the past year. Watch the entire video if you can, it's worth your time.

You can download the free design software here.

Image how soon you'll be able to auto-diagnose for instance a brain tumor, download and custom-build a nanobot instruction file, have it produced and mailed overnight and self-administer it while not leaving your appartment. Did I say cancer? How about the ebola virus?

I bet your color palettes are not the biggest priority there. ;-)

13. UniverseBecoming
    WOW! This is astounding! I think you stumbled upon the holy grail of cool stuff! HAHAHA!! :D

One of my hobbies is nanotechnology, I'm highly involved with the subject. In fact, I have a business called Nanotechnol, which I started in 2002 and so I tend to stay informed as much as I can on the subject. Yet, somehow I missed this line of research. It must have been that I tend to skip over biological aspects of nanotechnology. I had no idea this could be done with DNA! So exciting! Thanks for posting this!

14. UniverseBecoming
    Whoa! This is too cool! LOOK HEAR!!!

Pete is talking about HP's new Multi Jet Fusion technology 3D printers. I'll bet Shapeways already has one or more of these printers setup and it wont be long before Shapeways offers full color as well other materials based on it. This based on what HP stated in their FAQ about how this technology will be rolled out time frame wise.

15. Daphne
    Daphne Well-Known Member
    They are very low on specifications. Like, how is this different than material jetting? Take for an example the Objet printers from Stratasys. Like this one: https://www.stratasys.com/3d-printers/production-series/objet 500-connex3. Maybe it is the speed, but it's all very vague. They compared the speed to SLS and FDM (without telling which machines of course..), yet not to Objet which is the most comparable technology (according to Stratasys their FDM and Objet printers have comparable speed, so yes, HP would be faster. But there is not one FDM speed nor one SLS build speed). And btw, why does Shapeways not own a Objet printer yet?

16. MrNib
    MrNib Well-Known Member
    here's another article from Make with photos.

http://makezine.com/2014/10/29/hp-unveils-their-3d-printer-m ulti-jet-fusion/

[​IMG]

17. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    Ouch, they talk about Open Customer Engagement Program, which suggests only some will get test machines, and no info about fixed time frame (see the note and the final disclaimer). SW seems to be one of those, but we could see first items here before this Xmas or (making this HP announcement a classic paper launch and damage control) end of 2015.

Do you mean the detail (non frosted) plastics machine? Objet Eden 500V. The excuse for no multimaterials is lack of file format for that, tho.

18. UniverseBecoming
    That's all written by marketing people to be read by 3D printing corporate executives who hear 10 times faster and say to themselves, "WOW! Ten times faster!" But it doesn't work on super smart engineering students like you! HAHA! :p

19. UniverseBecoming
    Princeton creates first fully 3D printed quantum dot LEDs using a custom 3D printer.

This is light years beyond cool!!!

Why is this light years beyond cool! :D To me this is light years beyond cool because it proves that we are not very far away from printing an entire electronic device completely in situ ready to use right out of the printer. We are getting so close to this and when it happens we are going to see probably the most profound evolutionary leap in the history of the earth; for this will also be when 3D printers can 100% print other 3D printers. :)

20. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Sign me up!