Contacting a customer?

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by pdb, Jun 21, 2012.

1. pdb
    pdb New Member

So all of a sudden i sold 3 items, great news:

One of the items has a had a bit of a bad review:

really smart, nice idea, but doesn't make a great case. It's very loose fitting and the cutouts in the back get caught on everything.
    Flag as inappropriate
    2012-06-19 17:23:54 by mikelite

Is there anyway i contact the customer so i can offer him an updated design at my expense ? Plus i would like photo's as I dont have any fitting issues with my test prints.
    I dont have a mark-up on my items so the sale doesnt appear in my shop.

2. pfeifferstylez
    pfeifferstylez New Member
    Since you know his username:

"Private Messaging" --> "New Message"

... and copy his username into the "To:" input form.
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  3. natalia
    natalia New Member
    Hi Piers!

You can add a comment below his asking for photos, and you can certainly always order your own designs.

Definitely consider adding a markup to your designs! You took the time to design your products and open a shop, you should be rewarded so you can keep designing!

Check out our Shop Owner tips for some helpful ideas:
  4. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    hi Natalia,

Do commetors get notified of comments on a model after they've commented?

5. natalia
    natalia New Member
    Yes they do!

If someone leaves a comment on your model, you get emailed an automatic notification so you can respond if necessary.
  6. stop4stuff
    Yes, that is right, however, once the commentor has left a comment on a designer's model, does the commentor get a notification once the designer replies?

To ask in a different way, if I leave a comment on pbd's models, will I get a reply when pbd replies?

7. pfeifferstylez
    I can confirm that the commentor does not get a notification if the designer replies with another comment.
  8. natalia
    natalia New Member
    Beat me to it!

Indeed. We only notify the designer, not the commentator.

Ideally, if you had started a conversation (as a commentator) you'd want to check to see if it was still going!
  9. stop4stuff
    I know I should put this up on UserVioce, however as this topic is here, could a 2 way communication feedback system be implimented so that designers and customers could have a raport to resolve any issues, and/or the opportunity for a designer to point the customer in the right direction for a damaged/mis-printed model?

10. pfeifferstylez
    Same in the forum, pos ? ;)

As long as it's (also) possible to send the commentator a PM, it's not really a problem.
    But since we can get notifications about almost everything (if we want)...

At least it should be easier to contact other Shapies.
    We have a "Send Message" button on the shop page, but not on the user details page.
    ( )

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  11. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    Would it be feasible to make the name of the commenter a pm link ?
    To save us the trouble of going to the forum and copy paste the name to send a pm in reply to a comment/query?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  12. pfeifferstylez
    Well, yes...
    But I would prefer a pm link on the user details page.

The commentator's profile image is linked to this page, and hey, one mouse-click more or less...
  13. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    Oops missed both your last post and the fact the avatar was a link to the user page :-S

tgif ;)
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2012