Color 3d printing

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by guidosalimbeni, Jan 22, 2014.

1. guidosalimbeni
    guidosalimbeni New Member
    Hi,

as long as I understand the solution to print in multi color at Shapeways is to print using the "multicolor Sandstone Material".

I think there are a couple of Desktop 3d printers that can print in a couple or even 3 colors . Using Replicator 2 X , I think the user can assign a different filament color to a couple of injector. Then inside the Makeware software ( which comes with the printer) the user can assign the filament to specific part of the model as he wish. The result is a multi color plastic model ( 2 or 3 colors)

Is there a way to have the same result here at Shapeways? Do you have a printer like Replicator 2X or CubeX ? Is it planned for the future to have a multicolor plastic material option?

Kindest regards
    Guido Salimbeni

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    There are no plans to add an extruded filament printer that I am aware of. We had one several years ago, but the quality just doesn't meet up to what we want to offer. Now there are a couple new Full Color technologies coming out this year. So the possibility is there for new materials with different properties.

3. guidosalimbeni
    guidosalimbeni New Member
    Thank you very much for your reply. Can't wait to see the new technology in action.
    Regards
    Guido