Collecting Feedback On New Interface Design

Discussion in 'Shapeways Beta Testers' started by nickd0, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vortical
    Vortical Well-Known Member
    Unable to upload with the new UI. Files load but models are 10 times too big (models that previously printed successfully under the old UI), and the server seems to choke on the file such that no price is forth coming and the page refreshes itself endlessly.
    I was under the impression that software developers generally test their product before deployment, as it is cheaper to avoid a black eye than to heal one.
    Wishing luck to Shapeways on this. Your success is vital to mine.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    shawn_halayka likes this.
  2. lefteri
    lefteri Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hello everyone! Thank you for your feedback and suggestions and our apologies for any frustration caused by these recent changes.

We want to make sure your feedback is being seen and also that you are seeing some of the answers we've shared elsewhere on the forum. Please look through our Suggestions & Feedback section. If you do not see an existing thread on the feedback you wish to provide, please create one in this section.

There is an active thread as well as a post from our Design Team regarding changes to our 3D tools here:
    https://www.shapeways.com/forum/t/disappearance-of-verification-tools.98240/
    https://www.shapeways.com/forum/t/pricing-changes.97888/page-14

From our Design Team:

"You’ve voiced real concerns from a Shop Owner’s perspective, and we want to improve things and we are listening and responding. Here’s our next top 3 improvements to the Upload experience:

• Bringing back the ability to rename files (also to My Models)
    • Ability to create new products, and open linked products (for Shop Owners only)
    • Ability to jump to 3D tools (for Shop Owners only)

I am locking this particular thread and hope that you will participate in one of the aforementioned threads. Thanks again.

Vortical and catslady123 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.