Co-Creator seems broken for me

Discussion in 'Customizable Products & Design' started by cymonsgames, Feb 25, 2012.

1. cymonsgames
    cymonsgames New Member
    So I have a ring that I'm experimenting with making different sizes available like I've seen other rings do. After some poking around I discover that the idea is called "Co-Creator"... okay. "Personalizable" would have made more sense. I get the idea but the semantics are off.

Anyways, so I go to my object and turn on the edit page option on. Down at the bottom there is "Make this model a co-creator". So I click that and after a short loading time I'm presented with... not what I'm seeing in the how-tos about this. A radio buttoned list with my ring and no variables to change and the "Make this model a co-creator" link has changed to "Edit this co-creator", only it doesn't do anything when I click it. And there's still no personalize option (thank goodness).

What's going on? Is the service broken and I happened to try it at a bad time? Should I contact technical support?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    When you hit edit this co-creator, a separate screen should pop-up to insert the information into. If this isn't happening it may be a OS, browser issue. What are your computer and browser specs?

It works fine for me on Win XP SP3, FireFox 10.0.2

3. cymonsgames
    cymonsgames New Member
    SUddenly started working. Don't know who fiddled what or if it just stopped being broken, but it's good now.