Civil War Robot Action Figure is here!

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by DSnow, Jul 15, 2013.

1. DSnow
    DSnow New Member
    Finally got my first model from Shapeways! I really liked how my robot action figure based on the civil war ironclad USS Monitor came out. I was finally able to take pictures of it and post it for public sale on my shop. I will probably try to take some better pictures of it but I am just so excited and pleased about how it turned out. My hope is that other people out there will enjoy it just as much as I did.

https://www.shapeways.com/model/1199034/civil-war-ironclad-u ss-monitor-robot-action-figure.html?li=productBox-search

Attached Files:

• IC2.jpg

IC2.jpg

File size:
      43.4 KB
      Views:
    • IC4.jpg

IC4.jpg

File size:
      39.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Spectoys
    Spectoys Well-Known Member
    I love This !! Fantastic Job !!

3. DSnow
    DSnow New Member
    Thanks for the positive feedback. I spent a lot of time on this model trying to get the design to work and to bring a few characteristics of the USS Monitor into the design. This thing makes a great office cubical pal! I haven't painted him yet but I have a larger version (5" tall) that I made on an Afinia printer. This robot definitely looks sharp once you paint the shield red white and blue with the body being painted black or dark gray.

Attached Files:

4. Tresob
    Tresob New Member
    That little guy looks like a lot of fun! Well done!

Now, you just need to figure out how to make him transform into the ship...

5. DSnow
    DSnow New Member
    Thanks! He is super cute to have around. Makes a great office cubical mate.

Having it transform would be an amazing capability. Would make a cool "history series" offshoot for the Transformers franchise. I wonder who would win in a fight, Megatron or Ironclad the Civil War Robot Action Figure? :D Also, I could start working on a CSS Virginia (Merrimack) version...hmmm