Ceramic is not an option

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Matt_Dancsecs, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Matt_Dancsecs
    Matt_Dancsecs New Member
    I uploaded my 3D file and there is no option for ceramic. Is this an error. Also another question is how do I get pricing on 150+ pcs? I have sent an email yesterday and have not heard back.

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    Does your item meet the minimum requirements for ceramics? For some materials, you can put multiple items in the file. This doesn't include ceramics. For ceramics, you'd have to add it to your cart, and change the quantity to 150.

3. Matt_Dancsecs
    Matt_Dancsecs New Member
    I believe it does meet the requirements. I selected 150 pcs and there is no discount. I would think with 150 pcs there would be a discount? Please advise as I need to quote my client.

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    The only discount is that shipping is still the same price. Can you provide a link to the item that isn't available in ceramics?

5. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    I'm taking a shot at the model is bigger than the maximum bounding box of all sides added together being less than 400mm

Asides from that, the only material that Shapeways 'print each model on demand' which has a discount is Strong & Flexible.

The only way of getting a 'quantity' discount is being sneaky, that sneaky approach will not work with ceramics as the pricing is based on surface area, not volume, and there's no way of cleaning up any sprues with ceramics.

Paul