Centauress

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by TurtlesAreCool, Jul 15, 2013.

1. This is for my sister, who graduated from high school this year. (Yeah, I use any excuse I can to make things for people :D) She likes horses. I like fantastic (i.e. unrealistic) things. These two likes combined into Jenlai, the Herald of Spring. I plan to fill her basket with little seeds and stuff (tbd). Also, I gotta get cracking, since I need this to be painted in 2 weeks!

1-front.JPG
    2-back.JPG
    3-bottom.JPG

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Wow, your work continues to amaze

3. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    Very good. Don't forget to show the painted pic's.

4. Your wish is my command!

I think this is pretty good considering I did it in 2 weeks. Most of the time, I seem to take longer than that, although in those instances, I often take more breaks in my free time. I tried to do some highlighting to simulate light from the front. Of course, this backfires a bit when you rotate your model (rather than the lights/platform) when you capture photographs... I just need to paint on the sealant and do some touch-ups which I noticed while cropping the images and color-correcting (apparently, my desk lights are rather blue - it was pretty noticeable this time).

The snow finally started looking (sort of) like the white cold stuff after I added some pearlescent paint. The camera doesn't capture this or the metallic paint as well as I'd like.

Ok. My list of caveats is complete. Here are the pictures! I can't wait to give this to my sister...

vFinal-1-front.JPG
    vFinal-2-side.JPG
    vFinal-3-back.JPG
    vFinal-4-top.JPG
    vFinal-5-bottom.JPG

Boom! File limit achieved.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  5. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    Really good job. I'm sure she'll be thrilled and will treasure it.

6. Tresob
    Tresob Member
    Holy shmoly! That's awesome! Now you should make the rest of the seasons...