Caution Cube by OSKAR

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by Oskar_van_Deventer, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Oskar_van_Deventer
    Oskar_van_Deventer Well-Known Member
    Hi Shapeways fans,

Caution Cube is a twisty puzzle like Rubik's Cube. Its edges have gears that connect opposite faces. Apply extreme caution when solving this novel twisty puzzle. The razor-sharp gears turn, so you can easily hurt yourself. Wear protective gloves and keep this puzzle away from children. This is not a toy!

Watch the YouTube clip.

Buy the puzzle.

Look at the photos below.

P.S. Shapeways connaisseurs may recognize some similarities between this puzzle and David Bush' Gear Heart
    which is an original concept by Girigiriou from Japan

Caution Cube - prototype.jpg

Caution Cube - prototype - 1 turn.jpg

Caution Cube - prototype - detail.jpg

Caution Cube - prototype - scrambled.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  2. Whystler
    Whystler New Member
    This one is a nice departure. I like it.

Geez man, how do you afford all these prototypes! :)

3. Oskar_van_Deventer
    Oskar_van_Deventer Well-Known Member
    Hi Shawn,

> Geez man, how do you afford all these prototypes!

Puzzles are not my day-time job. These prototypes are an investment. I hope to sell the prototypes with some mark-up. For connaisseurs only, I am afraid.

4. gibell
    gibell Well-Known Member

That video is great! Is it really advisable to wear safety googles?

Despite unfriendliness, I would think this puzzle is easier to solve than a standard Rubiks cube. It seems similar to taking a standard Rubiks cube and only doing slice moves.

5. MaxSMoke777
    MaxSMoke777 New Member
    Ooo, I do love gears!

Someday I hope a major toy manufacturer picks up your whole line so that puzzle lovers around the world get to enjoy the fruits of your labors.

You know, I bet some smaller company could do the conversion to injection molded plastic. You could release them as collector items for a substantial, yet still more reasonable $50 or so each. I imagine that many educational stores, high-end toy stores, and executive shopping catalogs would love to carry such inventive puzzles.
  6. RalphVdB
    RalphVdB Well-Known Member CS Team
    Absolutely stunning Oskar! :eek: