Cannot Send Private Messages

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by 3by3D, Nov 29, 2016.

1. dudecon
    dudecon Member
    If you really want to keep spammers out, but allow paying customers to use the forums, then link the ability to send messages to new members to something costly, like the user's lifetime successfully billed spending, or their sales. Preventing us from talking to our customers (and yours) is shamefully ludicrous.

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    That suggestion does not solve the problem of potential first-time customers wanting to hire a designer, or even just trying to ask a designer for e.g. a rescaled or slightly modified version of an existing model they saw in the designer's shop. (IMHO a lot of the recent antispam attempts are misguided - when I suddenly have to solve two captchas in a row to even log in I may not even bother with the site depending on my mood)

3. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    But Google Car needs training!!! /s

BTW, reCaptcha has been broken multiple times. And if they are humans, they should pass. Thus explaining why frogs and metals fail sometimes.

4. seriaforma
    seriaforma Well-Known Member
    I seem to be unable to send a pm. Can't even click on envelope icon.

5. dynath
    dynath Member
    I'm having this same problem when I try to send links to a customer who asked me for a the link to my own product. It's quite frustrating frankly.

6. baldylox
    baldylox Member
    bump, old topic. i recently starting having this issue. turns out, when my vpn was on, that was the problem. turn of vpn, problem fixed.

7. dynath
    dynath Member
    I've not been using a VPN to access anything, though I can see how that would cause suspicion. I had the problem for about a month and then it went away. I suspect my account was flagged for some reason. Not sure.