Can Someone Make My Truck? 1997 Pathfinder

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by lane25, Sep 19, 2017.

1. lane25
    lane25 New Member
    Hi, i'm looking for someone to make a replica of my real truck. it is a 1997 nissan pathfinder, but they are the same from 1996-1998. i do not need any of the accessories or anything, only the body. i know there is a 3d file at cgTrader, but it is not printable, if someone could convert that into a printable STL that would be preferable, but i am open to other options. thanks.

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/car/suv/nissan-pathfinder-98

Attached Files:

2. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
  3. lane25
    lane25 New Member
    thanks, but i've been through all of those, but they are all WD21s or R51s, i have an early R50, the only 3D R50 i can find is the link i posted

4. johnot
    johnot Well-Known Member
    Hey Lane, sending a pm;)

5. jordanbanks
    jordanbanks Well-Known Member
    Hello I would love to help you out in designing this automobile. You can view my artwork and email me at www.jdfantasy.com

6. Swann
    Swann Active Member
    Hello lane 25,

after you have purchased the cg trader model I can prepare it for printing for you.
    Normally I do this with 3ds Max and make an offset, if the geometry is good.
    If not Zbrush and dynamesh is always a good option.
    Special attention is always needed for the wheels so the axles dont break.

Will you need this as a color model or an STL model without color?

Depending on the detail the cost will be around 100EUR.

Kind regards

Swann

7. almondmilk
    almondmilk Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hey,

Did you know we have a page where designers can offer their services? You can look through designer's profiles on our site to see if someone would be well suited to your project. https://www.shapeways.com/hire/designer.

Let us know if you have any questions. service@shapeways.com.

8. IntelXeon
    IntelXeon Well-Known Member
    thats a obj file, can easly be uploaded to shapeways

9. Swann
    Swann Active Member
    not really, these files are most often optimized for rendering. They are OBJ files but that doesn't mean you can just print them.

10. IntelXeon
    IntelXeon Well-Known Member
    wel i can, i used obj files in the past, even used DEA files

11. almondmilk
    almondmilk Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hey,

We accept DAE, OBJ, STL, X3D, X3DB, X3DV, and WRL filetypes for upload, as long as they adhere to our rule of being under 64 MB or 1 million polygons. You can see this information on our upload screen, https://www.shapeways.com/create.

Feel free to write to us also if you have any other questions.

12. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    I suspect Swann is alluding to aspects like (zero) wall thickness, overlapping or misoriented faces, details that may only be a texture. Uploading will tell you if they play a role in your particular case or not.