Can I delete models from the shop inventory page?

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by seriaforma, Feb 13, 2015.

1. seriaforma
    seriaforma Well-Known Member
    I don't see any way to delete models from the shop inventory page. Am I missing something?
    If I go to the my models page, I have to page through everything to find the models, which are not sorted in the same way as the shop inventory when I sort by default or newest. And searching by a tag does not seem to work.
    Is there an easier way, rather than paging through all models?

2. draw
    draw Well-Known Member
    Another issue I noticed is that some files that appear in the shop inventory page don't show up in the my models page so you can't delete them at all. There does needs to be a delete option in the shop inventory.

3. Same problem still exists in May 2016. My shop inventory has a bunch of items for which I have already deleted the models and which I have no desire to keep.

4. Steven3D
    Steven3D Active Member
    Hi,
    I also had this problem some time ago.
    I've contacted shapeways about it and they have deleted the model for me.

Kind regards
    Steven

5. draw
    draw Well-Known Member
    I put a post in the bug thread the other day after having this suddenly reappear. But in the previous cases, at least for me, it was for models generated by some of the custom creators which were not included in the my models list. Now it's happening for regular uploaded models.

I'm not sure what their end goal is but now they might need to add a delete button for the inventory page items. If products go in the inventory list and models go in the models list they are becoming separate and distinct things. The only time there is a one to one correspondence is when a product contains only one model. If a product contains 10 models, and you delete one of the models the product should remain in place. But you should also be able to delete the product and leave the 10 models unmolested. Maybe they were in the middle of setting this up and then the workday ended on Friday.

6. I tried reporting the problem. Shapeways said that over time, inventory items for which there are no models would slowly go away from the inventory. After a couple of weeks, there's no sign of this happening.

ArabyOrg likes this.
  7. draw
    draw Well-Known Member
    I'm up to 53 of those models after doing my "spring" cleaning. I stick them at the back of the list to keep them out of sight and out of mind and retitle them "delete me" so I know they are trash..

8. ArabyOrg
    ArabyOrg Member
    Same here