Can I Create Multiple Levels Of Categories?

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by Infectious_Curves, Mar 20, 2017.

1. I am setting up a gifts shops. I have 2 questions:
    1. Can I set up multiple level categories (category > sub-category>sub-sub-category). I need at least 3 levels of categories. How do I do that?
    2. I need classification based on 2 criteria - categories according to shapes/types, and categories according to gift types(occasions, causes). How can I (rather can I) achieve this?
    The only solution I have in mind right now is to have my own site and redirect the people here. Any suggestions?

2. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    'You can setup a (single level) of Shop Sections. Any one item could be assigned to more than one Shop Section. But to my knowledge, there's no provision for searching "shape" AND "type".

As to Categories/Facets, you can't set your own. You can only adopt what Shapeways has chosen so far, and/or request that they add something. But they're trying to keep the Categories to a reasonable level. They want to see how the customers browse for models before they will go adding a new one.

3. I was talking more about categories in my own Shop. I should have used the word "section" instead. Keeping only one level of sections is too inefficient. I have seen shops with 30 something sections on the left. Seriously who is going to read all this?

May be I will request this feature in "Suggestions and Feedback". Thanks for taking time to reply.