Buying Birthday Present For Someone In Another Country Billing/shipping Issue

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by battlewarrior, Jun 10, 2018.

1. battlewarrior
    battlewarrior Member
    thought i had posted this already didnt show for some reason
    was looking to buy some items on shapeway for a birthday present for a friend in another european country
    unfortunately this issue of having both billing and shipping in the same country (mine) means i cant send the items to my friend, means my friend is not getting this present
    looking on the internet a reference that on paypal.co.uk there is a gift address option to cover this situation, is this correct and if so why is it not available to all europeans?

2. Lefteri
    Lefteri Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hi @battlewarrior thank you for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to say that this is a security measure which we can not override. I understand it is not ideal but if ordering and shipping these to your friend yourself is not an option, the only other suggestion I can provide is to provide them with a digital gift card which they can use to make a purchase.

3. battlewarrior
    battlewarrior Member
    Question on giftcards
    Q1 i buy giftcard ,you send me code and I send to friend is that right?
    Q2 I buy 25 euro gift card for friend he only uses 20 euro of the value now, is the other 5 euro gone for nothing no credit on it
    Q3 if item he wants is 28 euro again 25 euro card can I cover the excess ?if so how would that work out with billing and shipping address for me and friend

4. Moms_Sphagetti
    Moms_Sphagetti Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hi battlewarrior,

Thanks for getting back to us.

1) Correct, whoever purchases the gift card, we will email the person who's email address is on the order for the gift card.

2) If your friend uses on 20 of the 25 on their gift card, they will still have that 5 euro left on the gift card as store credit. The gift card will automatically be applied to your friends account once it's used for the first time.

3) For security purposes, you will not be able to have an order with different countries in the billing and shipping address. My best recommendation would be to order a more expensive gift card if the model is going to be more than the original gift card.

All the best,

5. battlewarrior
    battlewarrior Member
    Back to q2 forgot to ask how long gift card valid also would it be able to add another gift card to Their store credit/store account later on if I want to
    Will they have to set up credit card /paypal with you before they can use up what ever remains of their credit/giftcard in this store credit thing you say above ,may not give you those details

6. jimmyadvice
    jimmyadvice Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hi @battlewarrior

There is no expiration date on the gift cards and you can add as many gift cards/credits to your of their account as you want that you have paid for.

They will need to enter a form of payment to complete any charges that are not covered by the gift card credits.