Bug. 3rd party shipping wrong Shipping address passed on to UPS systems: Shipment blocked.

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by jeang, Oct 4, 2012.

1. jeang
    jeang New Member
    Hello,

A bug passes on the wrong address to the UPS shipping system. Indeed, when shipping to another party, the shipping address as entered on the ORDER form is amended and our company name incorrectly appears in the SHIP TO fields (See order #149536).
    As a result we have our package blocked by UPS in India who will not deliver it the "incorrect" addressee.
    UPS in such case requires that Shapeways contact them to amend the address and correct it, manually !

I really hope Shapeways will correct this issue rapidely (and our package will be released asap) and will keep you the forum updated.

Regards,
    Jean P

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    Jean,

Have you emailed support? They are the best route to get issues like this fixed.

3. jeang
    jeang New Member
    Hello Michael,

Thanks for your answer.
    I am in contact with support, the package arrived, however there appears to be a bug in the dataflow somewhere. I suspect the interface to your UPS application has a wrong mapping or something of the sort.
    This is the second time this occurs to me. Where our name appears as the receipient when sending it to a 3rd party.
    This is worth fixing as this will happen to all sending the package to a recipient different from the company placing the order.

Regards,
    Jean P.

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    Glad Service was able to take care of it! As long as you tell them about issues like this, they will pass on the information to the ones that can fix it.