Boney Maze By Oskar

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by Oskar_van_Deventer, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Oskar_van_Deventer
    Oskar_van_Deventer Well-Known Member
    Hi Shapeways fans,

Boney Maze is a maze puzzle suggested by George Miller. The maze is a sphere through which a little ball moves around. There is a round hole at the bottom, through which the little ball is inserted. The ball cannot come out at that end because of a one-way trap. Therefore, one must navigate the maze and try to get the little ball out at the other end. One can follow the little ball at every step, because of the hollow boney structure of the maze. However, that same boney structure obfuscates the maze and makes it very hard to see where the little ball can go. The Maze is a sphere with a 80 mm diameter. The ball has a 10 mm diameter.

The boney structure was designed by using the nTopology Element software.

Watch the YouTube video.
    Buy the puzzle at my Shapeways Shop.
    Read more at the Non-Twisty Puzzles Forum.
    Check out the photos below.

Enjoy!

Oskar
    Boney-Maze---view-1.jpg Boney-Maze---view-2.jpg Boney-Maze---view-3.jpg Boney-Maze---view-4.jpg Boney-Maze---view-5.jpg

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Geweldig :)
    Now if HPSF would bring the price level of large wiry nylon prints down to where it was before the grand SF repricing...

3. Oskar_van_Deventer
    Oskar_van_Deventer Well-Known Member
    There are other ways to bring the price down, but this place would be inappropriate to discuss that. I can only suggest to follow some of the links in my post ...

4. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    'nuff said :D