Best 3d Printer For Creating Warhammer Figurines

Discussion in 'Miniatures and Scale Models' started by UniversalSoldier, Dec 4, 2017.

1. I am looking for a good 3d printer, of course I know that the best one would be the most worth one. But I am interested in buying the cheapest, but the best price in relation to quality.
    I'm talking about Warhammer Games Workshop figurines, I have experience in modeling, I can improve by hand.
    I want to print all crates of these figurines, what do you recommend?
  2. kaadesign
    kaadesign Well-Known Member
  3. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    For miniatures like that what's usually done is spin casting.

For making them via 3D printing, I would go with an LCD based SLA printer. Daylight resins are just now starting to become popular so these types of printers are just starting to get more and more popular. Look for a Z resolution below 30 microns and an X, Y resolution under 50 microns. If it can use Creation Workshop slicing software then you can experiment around with your own Z axis layer height. Look on sites like eBay, Aliexpress, and Amazon.

Also, keep an eye on Craigslist. You can find good deals there for used high-resolution 3D printers.
  4. khohi
    khohi Member
  5. Printerstuff
    Printerstuff Member
    I have Monoprice 3d printer. I am print gaming miniatures. It is cheap and best for me. compact size, you can easily create your imagination with anywhere. it supported all the types of filament.