Autodesk Netfabb Question

Discussion in 'Software and Applications' started by dfoley75, Jan 14, 2018.

1. dfoley75
    dfoley75 Well-Known Member
    My computer recently totally crashed after some Windows update and I had to reinstall all my old software. I got the new Autodesk Netfabb 8.1. It works for fixing meshes and things like that. But for the life of me I can't figure out how to use it to measure wall thicknesses and things like that. There is no icon for it anywhere on any menu that I can find. Am I missing something? Is this part of the premium version?
  2. LukasNF
    LukasNF Member

I am part of the Netfabb team with Autodesk, so I should be able to help you. First of all could you please confirm that you are referring to the Autodesk Netfabb 2018.1 product and not the legacy product netfabb professional 8.1.

If this is the case you most likely accidentally opened the free version of Netfabb, which allows you to do some basic mesh fixing but the wall thickness analysis etc you are looking for are not part of the free version.

If the title bar says Autodesk Netfabb 2018.1 (non-commercial version) then you are in free version mode. If that is the case please go to settings --> start without license and make sure it is set to no. Then restart Netfabb and you should be able to see a licensing dialogue and enter your credentials.

If start without license is already set to "no". You can also go to help --> License Assistant and click on change. Then restart Netfabb to see the licensing dialogue.

Let me know if this helps,

3. mygadgetlife
    mygadgetlife Well-Known Member
    Hi Lukas,

Why was support for the Mac version of Netfabb dropped when Autodesk took over?

It is highly frustrating, as a Mac using 3D designer, not to have a current version available for that platform. To make matters worse, the most recent legacy version was 'broken' by MacOS 10.13 (High Sierra) basically leaving Mac users with no tool or equivalent to perform basic sanity checking on 3D models.
  4. dfoley75
    dfoley75 Well-Known Member
    I don't have a license. I don't want to have to buy something that I used for free for many years.
  5. elopez3d
    elopez3d Well-Known Member
    I just stick to the old version because of this.