Are The Listings For The Roccat Sova Tablet/phone Holder Correct?

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Granty, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Granty
    Granty Member
    I noticed on the Shapeways Website that the Phone holder is listed at 8.4cm width and more expensive (also looks much bigger in the pic) yet the tablet holder is 5.5cm (W) and cheaper? Other dimensions are identical.

I may be wrong but tablets being larger than phones I think there is possibly an error? I am considering buying a tablet holder so I just want to be sure i'm getting the right size, Thanks

Top Left/Bottom Right in pic

Roccat Tab - Phone Holders.png
  2. draw
    draw Well-Known Member
    The best way to have your questions answered is to contact the designer that controls the store. Sending them a personal message is probably your best bet.
    jimmyadvice likes this.
  3. jimmyadvice
    jimmyadvice Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hi @Granty

Thanks for reaching out with your question. @draw is right - all the designs you see on our site are created, owned and uploaded by independent designers that do not work for Shapeways.

In this regard, they set all the pricing you see on the product pages (markup above the base cost we charge for manufacturing).

Let me know if you have any other questions about this.
  4. Granty
    Granty Member
    Thanks, I actually did click the send message option with the same question prior to posting here. It's been 2 days and no reply as yet but that's no issue yet so long as I've done that right via the send message button as shown here. Roccat message Shapeways.png
    I guess going back to Roccat will be of no use as they sent me here, are these holders effectively outsourced?

I really want one but it's hard to buy something not knowing if its right, I guess I could buy the phone one and expect a cheap tablet holder but that could also backfire despite what common sense tells me :)
  5. jimmyadvice
    Hi @Granty

That is the correct way to contact the designer! Some are just faster/more responsive than others.

If it helps your worry, we do offer a full Money Back Guarantee on our 3D printed custom products in case you are not happy with some aspect of the product (material, fit, function, etc.). You can purchase it knowing you will get your money back if it's not what you expected or doesn't work as you need!

Let me know if you have any other questions.
  6. Granty
    Granty Member
    I didn't get a reply but just noticed this which explains why they seem too small -
    Please make sure to buy two of the tablet-holders for perfect stability of your tablet!!!

Fair enough but surely better to package as two and charge appropriately.
  7. jimmyadvice
    Thank you for the feedback @Granty