Anyone Else Have This Problem?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by galapalos_green, Mar 10, 2012.

1. galapalos_green
    galapalos_green New Member
    I've been trying to upload a couple new images since last night, and it just stops on a blank page.

Is it just me or is there a problem at the other end?

Thanks!

-Sherry

:(

2. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    works ok for me

3. cadalu
    cadalu New Member
    Any project that involved the image popper seems to result in a blank white screen which is a result of the new update. So for us poppers, the site is completely unusable for yet another weekend.

4. Roy_Stevens
    Roy_Stevens New Member
    I've been having a lot of problems with the site since the major update. But the issues seem to be because I'm using IE8, I'm having to use Chrome to post this because forums, updates, and many other things are not available using IE. This is a major concern to me that 60% of the world may be having trouble getting to my products.

5. aeron203
    aeron203 New Member
    Us poor poppers are positively frustrated by the preposterous predicament you've placed us in. The only positive part is that The Vibe creator has been provided to placate us until the popping problem is pfixed.

6. bdickason
    bdickason New Member
    My alliteration is not as strong as Aeron's :(

I'm sorry you guys are having issue with the image popper. We broke it in this latest update and have not been able to bring it back on yet. It will be fixed in an upcoming release early this week. We're working really hard to get this back online and also deal with the IE8/9 issues along with other remaining bugs.

johnnylingo, it may give you some short term peace of mind to know that significantly less than 60% of our visitors use IE8. I realize this is no excuse for Shapeways to not support IE8 in full, or for the bugginess you're experiencing. We're working to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  7. zqtwho
    zqtwho New Member
    yeah im getting a white screen as well

8. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Two notes.. yes, MS-IE represents some 60% of the market, but there are at least 4 versions 'out in the wild' (versions 6,7,8,9), of which, you are likely to find IE9 most prevalent in the home market, with IE6 (yes, i said SIX.. shudder) still prevalent in many corporate machines.

When I try to upload a popper image, I see at the top of the screen "HTTP 500".. if you are seeing this error #.. it would be helpful to report that fact here, along with which browser and OS you are using.

I'm running IE9 on Windows 7 - 64 bit version.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  9. zqtwho
    zqtwho New Member
    i got errors on firefox, Opera and Safari

10. galapalos_green
  11. galapalos_green
    And there is no place to save a design when trying to do earrings. I haven't tried rings.

Hope this update was/will be worth it! I am in withdrawal.

:cry:

12. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    As Bradley said, this will hopefully be fixed in an update early this week. If you have any new issues, please report them on the feedback post here