Amazon Shop Issues

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by Disillusioned, Oct 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Disillusioned
    Disillusioned Member
    Hello Shapeways,
    Not long ago I was contacted about my products being used in your Amazon shapeways store. I see one of my products has been on the store for a couple months now, and I am not pleased at all with how its turning out. Who can I talk to about this?

1: You have mixed my product with another shop's products of similar category and confused the branding.
    2: You omitted some very specific product descriptions that is required to know before purchase, and even mixed them with other product descriptions from other shop's products.
    3: Someone left a review on my item with a concern on Amazon and I was not notified about it.
    4: The customer also claimed to contact the seller with these concerns with the product, and I was not made aware of it. By chance I found the review the customer left in public space, and was able to comment and give them a resolution to their problem, but I probably wont be notified if they reply back so I will have to monitor it manually.
    5: The customer commented in July and I am just now seeing it in October, so this has done unknown amount of damage to the product's sales.

How can we resolve these issues? I'd rather not have my product there if these issues can't be resolved soon.

2. Disillusioned
    Disillusioned Member
    Hello Shapeways,
    Not long ago I was contacted about my products being used in your Amazon shapeways store. I see one of my products has been on the store for a couple months now, and I am not pleased at all with how its turning out. Who can I talk to about this?

1: You have mixed my product with another shop's products of similar category and confused the branding.
    2: You omitted some very specific product descriptions that is required to know before purchase, and even mixed them with other product descriptions from other shop's products.
    3: Someone left a review on my item with a concern on Amazon and I was not notified about it.
    4: The customer also claimed to contact the seller with these concerns with the product, and I was not made aware of it. By chance I found the review the customer left in public space, and was able to comment and give them a resolution to their problem, but I probably wont be notified if they reply back so I will have to monitor it manually.
    5: The customer commented in July and I am just now seeing it in October, so this has done unknown amount of damage to the product's sales.

How can we resolve these issues? I'd rather not have my product there if these issues can't be resolved soon.

lgrfbs likes this.
  3. lgrfbs
    lgrfbs Well-Known Member
    I hope you get a solution to this problem, will follow how it goes.

Disillusioned likes this.
  4. LeonTsivin
    LeonTsivin Member Product Team
    Hi Disillusioned, thanks for reaching out about this. I'm working on the Amazon project at Shapeways and am happy to answer your questions. First, I'd like to thank you for being part of this beta test, allowing your product to be posted, and enabling us to collect data for a future Amazon integration. If you'd still like your product to be taken down after the responses below, please let us know by emailing storefronts@shapeways.com and we will do so right away.

1. Currently all products in our Amazon beta experiment are in a single Amazon shop regardless of category or brand. When orders come in, we manually place them on your marketplace listing and are currently working on automating this process through a beta phase of an Amazon integration. In the future we will explore creating different shops on Amazon but that will not be for some time. The good news is that most products purchased on Amazon are found through their search functionality so the specific shop it's in does not play a major role. However creating multiple shops on Amazon is quite complex and especially to do so in an automated way.

2. The content for the products chosen in this experiment was curated by professionals who specialize in content creation and conversion on Amazon. At this experimental stage we can't guarantee the content on your marketplace listing will be identical to that on the Amazon one, although in the future - when this process will be more automated - that will indeed be the case. Because right now posting products is entirely manual, we would be happy to consider modifying the content if you want to recommend changes by emailing them to storefronts@shapeways.com but please note that we can't say exactly how quickly we'll be able to make the changes.

3. In this experiment we are not guaranteeing contacting any designers about any feedback or reviews received on Amazon.

4. We had asked the customer if they were able to get in touch with you and if they could amend their review, but did not receive a response. Again when the process is more automated in the future, this communication will happen with our designers right away.

5. Part of this experiment is to understand the impact of reviews on product sales. The plan for future phases of our integration is to enable you (the designer) to see the sales and revenue from any external platform. You will also be able to update your content in the product listing page on Shapeways and it will automatically update it on any external channel.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Leon

5. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
    Hi

always found the integration between Amazon and SW can be a big booster.

Still to my understanding it would be suitable if that is only on one SW shop and interested designers need to apply for beeing listed.
    Beside SW can place any item they find suitable (and is not handled by a shop owner).

So having dedicated shops may be the large solution but the smaller one of one SW shop may also work pretty well.

Since I was part of Amazon's beta test for 3d printing (which was stopped, but the setup they have choosen was to my point of view granting tons of problems) I know a little bit of some of the difficulties. Additionally the Amazon shop handling and all the besides are not easy to handle. So one SW shop would solve that for most of this comunity here.

Any further hint on this topic would be appretiated, also since I'm interested to have one item listed as test case ...

Woody64