Hey all, I'm trying to build an action figure because well... I need a challenge every now and then... I picked songbird (a marvel superhero) because her costume is simple and tight with a few simple additional elements on top which seemed like a good and easy choice for a start with enough variation to be able to test detail and shapes. I don't have a print with all the joints I've done so far, only from the first test with a knee joint. I didn't bother printing head and arms as there was nothing there to see yet. It was printed in Strong and Flexible polished and turned out better than expected. I'll probably still want to try frosted detail plastic and see how that one feels too. Since it was just a test it was all printed as 1 piece. Later, things like the Belt would be separate with a peg to attach it to the body, that way it should bend up when needed rather than restrict leg movement, plus I like the idea of separate layers and depth to make the figure look more 3d. I was worried about the joints (still am about some). I wanted to create the same type of joints regular figures have (without the holes on the sides) and the pieces had to pop all in place, stay there and be tight. To my own surprise it worked, joint popped in well (used some hot water just in case) and is as tight as they are on your average new figure. Her height will be around 17cm / 6.7 inches with hair which felt about right to work with DC, MOTU, Marvel Select and the old larger Marvel legends. That said, I guess she can be scaled to any size as long as walls are thick enough and the joint pieces still feel strong enough. After Songbird I'd like to do some larger ones for your classic more hulking characters. I took some time today and gave her a quick paint job with regular acrylics to see what I was getting into and how the resin took on the idea of getting painted. Didn't wait for the paint to dry so coverage is random. That aside, paint adheres to it better than it does on regular plastics so far. So, by now the joints are all almost done, currently working on shoulders, then neck and wrists will be next. Hands are not posed yet. The goal with the figure is to have a base on top of which I can model and sculpt any hero or figure of my design that I want, and then just print it out without much fuss. Also I'm trying to find a good balance between articulation and retaining a good looking body shape. Also, I sculpted an additional version with pronounced musculature that I can gradually turn on or off to get the physique I want for the current character. I can also transfer any gear/chothes etc to the rigged version of the mesh and print out a posed bust... if I wanted that, takes some minor work and faces would need more than a neutral expression. And Songbird so far, leg detail still missing and everything was modeled for the rigged version originally, so the costume details flow over the joints atm, I'll fix that at the end. Her hair was done but was limiting head movement too much so I have to redo that after the remaining joints are done. That's all for now I think... I'll update if there's anything interesting to see, probably after the next print, I'm sure there will be some issues with some joints.