3D Scanner Needed - Existing Plastic Object

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by WebmistressM, Mar 10, 2013.

1. WebmistressM
    WebmistressM New Member
    Alot of what is covered on these forums deals with 3D printing. I was attempting to look for information on 3D scanner machines for the sake of re-creating an existing object. I do have a 3D program to do this but that computer's hardware has a current issue. It got me thinking about finding services for 3D scanning here where I live in the off chance I cannot model my existing object myself.

Would anyone know a good way to find these services?
  2. CADNinja
    CADNinja Well-Known Member
    What is your zip code? I will help you find one.
  3. WebmistressM
    WebmistressM New Member
    Thank you!

I am located in San Bernardino, CA. Los Angeles is about 1.5 hours away. Orange County is also 1.5 hours away. San Diego is 2 hours away. Hopefully I can find something close.

Attached Files:

JACANT Well-Known Member
    If you get it scanned you will still have to fix the result in a 3D program. Going by the image it would be a very simple task to create this.
    If you can give me the exact measurements and a few more images from top, bottom, side etc. I would be happy to help.

5. WebmistressM
    WebmistressM New Member
    That is great. To be honest, I dont know if I can put any more pics up here. Not sure if this is allowed. I do have the pictures (but dont have exact measurements, despite that the item is photographed next to a ruler) but I can PM you the rest of the pics as to keep the public thread from going OT