Where Has Material Pricing Information Moved?

Discussion in 'Materials' started by 2028400_deleted, Apr 25, 2018.

1. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
  2. drloris
    drloris Well-Known Member
    Now, now, that's not quite what was said.
    That might sound like "we're not communicating the calculation method anymore" if you read it with a cynical mindset, but it's not necessarily that.

In the short term you can find pricing in the internet archive (e.g. aluminium). In the long term they may change their pricing scheme.

3. Hey everyone, thanks for the update!

It kind of drove me crazy yesterday when I was sure there is a pricing listed somewhere

4. mathgrrl
    mathgrrl Member
    So it's about a month later and the pricing info seems to still be missing. I need current information on that because I design some of my pieces to minimize price (of course!), both because I want to save money and because I know my models will be more likely to sell if I can keep the prices low. There are lots of design decisions that I can tweak to optimize price, but if I don't know how price is determined for a material (volume, machine space, surface area, minimum startup cost, etc) then I can't design for it.

Can anyone from Shapeways shed some light on whether this key pricing information will be available again?

aliciafelber likes this.
  5. Narada_Dan_Vantari
    Narada_Dan_Vantari Well-Known Member
    It certainly sounds like that 4 months later !!!

hanelyp and crashtestdummy like this.
  6. psalmu
    psalmu Member
    ...and seven months later.

hanelyp likes this.
  7. crashtestdummy
    crashtestdummy Well-Known Member
    Your going to be waiting a long time as management says it's not coming back and pricing and calculation parameters can and do change at any time.

8. psalmu
    psalmu Member
    With that in mind, I'd like to extend an invitation to peruse a rather intriguing selection of Zen Dice at my store. They are 1 cm3 and 100 cm3 solid cubes available in almost every material and finish (some were not printable for some reason). As the name implies, they are primarily meditation devices. You may for example relax by easily dividing the price of the 100 cm3 dice by 100 and then contemplate the meaning of the difference between that number and the price of the 1 cm3 dice in the same material. Of course there's no markup so I won't make a penny from any sales :-(

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/needfulwidgets

Malwen likes this.
  9. AdamSpurgin
    AdamSpurgin Member
    1.5 years later, and still not visible anywhere I can find.

Not going to lie, this erodes a lot of trust. I used to use that to optimize designs in cases where I didn't need a bit of embellishment, or to chose a different material based on the size I wanted. Now I just have to guess.

hanelyp likes this.