Good Laptop For 3d

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2067743_deleted, May 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Hello, I am planning to buy a brand new laptop specifically for 3D purposes. Is there any good laptop recommendations? My budget is around $3000. Would considered to spend recklessly for this one XD. Thank you!

2. hanelyp
    hanelyp Well-Known Member
    I'm doing some design work with openjscad on a $200 chromebook. Other software, or larger models, may require more computer.

3. DoctorOctoroc
    DoctorOctoroc Well-Known Member
    MSI makes some excellent computers that are suited for intense graphics - a lot of people use them for gaming at high resolutions. I use it for CAD, video, music, etc. I got mine for around the $2000 mark and have yet to encounter a SolidWorks model I can't open - given, some of the crazy stuff I've worked with took awhile to load due to all the parts but it holds up nicely under multiple operations. It's essentially a PC in laptop form. Depending on what you'll be doing, you can get away with one of their less expensive models but if you have $3000 to throw at a new laptop, go for one of the top of the line MSI's.

The best feature on mine is an overclock button that I can hit when doing more intensive graphics work. It starts the fan up and boosts performance at a small expense to the battery life (which is great, btw - and can be upgraded easily). I've never had it heat up on me like my old Dell did haha.

4. IntelXeon
    IntelXeon Well-Known Member
    if 3000 usd is your max budget make sure the laptop got atleast a quadro type grapics card in it
    and 16gb of ram, quad core cpu atleast, dont even think about getting a dual core stay away from intel atom, pentium, centurion. line up, xeons would be best

5. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member