Nature Inspired, Mathematically Created ....

Discussion in 'Feature this!' started by Pisicandru, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Pisicandru
    Pisicandru Member
    Hi,

I started my journey to do 3D models on a computer few months ago. But after i successfully printed my first 3D model as a pendant in steel, I got hooked. Lots of times the 3D printed reality is a perfect match to my virtual 3D object, but sometimes it is so much more. After few months i decided to open Pilcrow Blue. Please take a look ;-)

Some of my favorite models are those inspired by nature, but all of them have perfect mathematical symmetries, as abstraction of the beauty of the natural world. I am captivated by patterns, symmetry, and ideal proportions, but it seems i am lately obsessed with triangles and pentagons.

Here it is my take on an imaginary diatom printed in steel, a very tactile piece[​IMG]

A radiolaria printed originally in gold steel and heated with a Butane torch (don't do it at home if you don't take the necessary precautions!) to add bluish-greenish-purplish hues [​IMG]

and 3 intertwined triangles reminiscent of the Valknut Triangle, also in steel.[​IMG]

Thanks for looking,
    Pisicandru / Pilcrow Blue (Monica)

2. gordonlardi
    gordonlardi Well-Known Member
    great work!

3. LoveAndShapes
    LoveAndShapes Well-Known Member
    Beautiful.... the intertwined triangles are my favorite.

4. Frozenrain
    Frozenrain Well-Known Member
    Great designs!

5. Pisicandru
    Pisicandru Member
    Thanks so much. It is very encouraging to see you are liking my designs.

6. SnoozeAlongSnail
    SnoozeAlongSnail Well-Known Member
    Very nice designs! I like how you used the torch as well to color the steel.