Custom Nintendo Switch Dock

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by 2001538_deleted, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Greetings everyone, I'm not a 3D designer. I wouldn't know the first thing about it. That's why I'm here. So I can hopefully find someone who can help me with this.

What I want is for someone to design a smaller dock that can be assembled for the Nintendo Switch. It turns out the PCB that's inside the official Switch dock is actually very small, making the whole thing unnecessarily big.

The dock I'm looking for should at least include the following:
    - The dock itself should be the same size as the PCB.
    - Must be sturdy.
    - Be able to use the spring from the official dock.
    - Should have 2x USB ports on the front.
    - The USB 3.0, Type-C, and HDMI ports should be on the back of the dock.
    - The LED light should be on the front.
    - The dock must provide good ventilation when the Switch is placed on it.

I am willing to provide the official dock to the designer to use as a reference.

If anyone is interested in this, please let me know as more more will be provided through email or private messages. I prefer to use PayPal for payments. Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. designsoul
    designsoul Well-Known Member
    I am interested and have a background in 3D printing consumer product PCB enclosures - PM me with more details about your business and I will get back to you asap

3. PrintItAnyway
    PrintItAnyway Well-Known Member
    This project is definitelly not for beginners, but for the future, If you are going to be wanting custom parts, you should try 3D design with Tinkercad. It's where I started designing, and it Free, and really easy.

4. matthenry2442
    matthenry2442 Member
    I want Nintendo or a officially licensed one, similar to a hori stand with all these components in it, would be awesome!