Mariedanj, Writer And Apparently Amateur 3d Designer..?

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by mariedanj, Mar 23, 2018.

1. mariedanj
    mariedanj Member
    I came here a few years ago to find out if I could deal with 3D printing. Turned out I'm not too bad, so I have hope. My ultimate goal is to open a boutique to promote my writing and offer goodies to hoards and hoards of readers I will get, obviously. ;) This is my utopia. Now, unto real stuff: this new technology has triggered my interest deeply and I want to be part of it, not as an ingeneer, but as an artist (frenchspeaking artist from Canada by the way, don't bother with my english mistakes, pls).

As of now, I have printed a few unpublished things to try my hand, and I'm getting the hang of it. I am currently creating collections for a boutique, with as much spare time as I can get. See, I'm a new mother of a 16 months old, so time has a new meaning to me. I'm not a big shot 3D artist, just some girl who's been messing around with Blender for around 15 years now (wait whut? 15 years? :eek: Where has time gone!??!?). I also use Daz Studio to render scenes, but Daz has not autorised 3D printing for commercial use, so... I'm waiting for them to sell licences. And waiting. And still waiting... See, I have 3D versions of my caracters using their software, and I would love to make figurines eventually (and I'm not that good as making them myself). So I wait.

I might have a question for you. I want to use this font https://smartfonts.com/planewalker.font?style=regular when I engrave/emboss letters, but I have an issue understanding the licence. It says I can use the font on as many copies as I want, but I'm not allowed to sell the font itself. Ok. But am I allowed to sell my many copies?!? This is unclear. Can or can I not use it to sell 3D prints? :confused: Intellectual property is important to me and I want to respect it. How do you deal with such problems? (I don't have time to create my own font...)

Thank you! :p

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Welcome! I don't see any designs on your profile, can you share any pictures of what you've made?
    As for your font question, it's always best to contact the owner of the IP when you're unsure of how you can use it.

3. mariedanj
    mariedanj Member
    I didn't publish anything yet. Here are a few things I managed to print.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Those were created with Daz3D base figure and transformed, but I cannot sell them.

[​IMG]

And I figured that, yeah... It would be easier to just contact the owner.

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I love the layers on the tiny dagger!