First Cast Silver Pendants Arrived, One Problem.

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by Shea_Design, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Shea_Design
    Shea_Design Well-Known Member
    Not sure what is up with the build lines in these cast silver pendants and I have a ticket with CS to see if the print orientation is to blame. Other that that I'm quite pleased and looking forward to bigger pieces that can feature the details better. The belt buckles should be awesome, even in steel. -S Shea_Swamis-Encinitas_Keychain_Photo_COMP.jpg

Schmeagle likes this.
  2. SnoozeAlongSnail
    SnoozeAlongSnail Well-Known Member
    Those print lines do seem more obvious than I would expect. Then again, I've only done one print in polished silver so far. I hope you get this sorted with customer service. I will say though that I'm impressed with how much detail shows up. Looking at your profile, this model is only 2.2 cm high?

3. Shea_Design
    Yes so the 'relief' is pretty thin. I tend to spend gobs of hours on my designs and so naturally think well now I can make this or that product and re-purpose the effort. So then what happens is I make improvements in the new design that I have to migrate back into the first and nothing ever happens very fast as each new form has to be worked for the new scale etc. Point is I order 'products' then discontinue them, both the pendants and belt buckles went this way but the new versions are pretty tight so what can ya do but stay calm and sculpt on. Thanks for keeping this sleepy forum alive. -S

SnoozeAlongSnail likes this.
  4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Is the design flat? it almost looks raised a little? Either way, lines like that aren't usually as pronounced.

5. Shea_Design
    The lines are appearing on flat surfaces, perhaps I should submit my STLs in my prefered build orientation (on her back) and use the render axis control to get the renderings correct? At any rate your fine CS dept is looking into it. -S