Easy Request: Mirrored And Less Detailed Prints

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by 1627461_deleted, Jun 26, 2017.

1. I'd like to have some models but it seems to be impossible/forbidden to mirror them. Or print with less detail.
    Any idea why? I heard from 3D designers that it's a matter of seconds to mirror a model.

I'd like 4 small Animantarx (Rare Breed) of which 2 mirrored.
    In white strong & flexible.

2. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Contact the designer directly @RareBreed

3. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    If this is an existing product in someone's Shapeways shop you would need to contact them to request they upload a mirrored version for you to purchase. There's no way to change a product (mirroring or resolution) without the permission of the designer.

4. Thanks for the ultra-fast responses! ^^

I tried to send my request but I got the notion:

Shapeways 3D Printing Forums - Error
    You may not start a conversation with RareBreed because of his or her privacy settings.

So .. I guess there's no way to ask them a direct question?
    By the way: if Shapeways makes the prints, can you decide to make a print in other resolutions, e.g. white strong & flexible - where only ultyra frost is offered?

Thanks! :)

5. barkingdigger
    barkingdigger Well-Known Member
    If the designer chooses to reject attempts to be contacted, there isn't much you can do about it. Shapeways has to respect the designer's choice, so there is no way for anyone to get your message through.

As for changing materials, or reducing resolution, you are hostage to the designer. If they chose to offer it only in FUD then that's the only material you can buy in. And the resolution is based on the amount of detail in the uploaded CAD file, so again you'd need to get hold of the designer to alter it. Sounds like it's all a dead end I'm afraid...

6. MrNibbles
    One thing you might try is to leave a comment for the specific product in the comment section and ask there. Leaving a comment results in Shapeways sending an email to the designer's account letting them know that someone has left a message. If they see that email then they might log in to their account and respond to your query.

7. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    Unless the shop owner also disabled those emails.

8. MrNibbles
    Plus a shop owner may have an active store but is no longer active on Shapeways, and may no longer be active on this planet. Odds are that with so many users some shop owners have shuffled off this mortal 3D printed coil without passing on their stores to someone else.