Cast Metals Price Restructuring

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by virginia_gordon, May 15, 2017.

1. c3497943
    c3497943 Member

Check out star wax in california...

2. Lightbringer
    Lightbringer Member
    I have confirmed that my prices are going up - #6142221 139 Vanderschoot ring is a typical example (it's a custom product, not visible to the public, but Shapeways can see it). The price under the current system is $79.02 for polished silver (my most popular request), by the new rules, it goes up to $85.37. Is there any way we can keep the old system?

I'm not sure how you get the idea that "most" people are printing things smaller than that - it's a finger ring, not that big.

Regards,

Harry R. Burger
    Lightbringer Designs LLC
    Wax Seals, Signet Rings, and Custom Creations
    www.lightbringerdesigns.com
    Instagram @LightbringerDesigns

aliciafelber likes this.
  3. PJ3DArtist
    PJ3DArtist Member
    Hi,

I'm a bit it scared about the apparent increasing of prices on big items and lack of changes over the small ones that other user saw. If finally, this goes that way, the new pricing is not going to help to no one. I'll wait to see the final result about this as you say you are having issues to fix.

Anyway I have some questions about the Material Volume and Surface Area columns:

Why aren't those on the csv files columns to calculate pricing?
    Have we to go trough our products one by one to have those or are you going to add them to the csv?
    How can we use the new column product_dimension_choice_combo if this one is for that?

Thank you,
    Patricia J

4. PJ3DArtist
    PJ3DArtist Member
    Well, I've done the math and ... my articles prices will increase almost twice. There will be no way to sell them. :(
    It seems to happen to all users who have checked it.
    Does anyone see an improvement?

5. FerretDesigns
    FerretDesigns Well-Known Member
    All mine I checked are going down by 12-47%

PJ3DArtist likes this.
  6. MichaelAtOz
    MichaelAtOz Well-Known Member
    So what ball park quantity is is 'large' or 'Small Batch Production'?

7. Any estimates on when new prices are going live?

8. Lizz_Hill
    Lizz_Hill Member
    Hi Poul- An update email went out that there is a delay and they are optimistically hoping for a rollout, this coming Tuesday.

9. crashtestdummy
    crashtestdummy Well-Known Member
    Given the problems they are having FUD repricing I suspect that they are trying to get that mess straitened out before they start another project. Also given uploading/ checking/ buying models has been slow like the servers are overloaded, pushing this price change back a week (or maybe two) might be the best move yet. Better to relaunch a week from today error free than to be a repeat of the FUD mess and seemingly every other price restructuring from day one.

10. AcornBits
    AcornBits Member
    Thank you for the update!

Surface area is critical now.

11. IntelXeon
    IntelXeon Well-Known Member
    great one of my products whent from 150 to 170 euro, not worth it!

12. MANDELWERK
    MANDELWERK Well-Known Member
    Lovely news for a fractal jeweler… Many of the fractals I print has ”infinite” area…
    Thank you for punishing me for this.

I expect to get a big retroactive discount for all the pieces I have ordered to take promotional photos of, now when I will no longer get any money back.

Happy now I didn’t quit my employment to invest 100% in promoting the 3D printing business.

Sorry, now I have to go back to designing my new super thin plain torus-rings.

Cheers
    Johan

[​IMG]

mjenningsnow and aliciafelber like this.
  13. virginia_gordon
    virginia_gordon Shapeways Employee Community Team
    The restructuring is live. You may download your price comparison sheet here. If you have any questions do not hesitate to reach out directly to service@shapeways.com or ask them here.

Thanks!

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  14. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    With the lowered prices I'm seeing I might actually buy some of my own jewelry now for personal use or as gifts. I would hardly call myself a jewelry designer but as with many things it's the thought that counts when giving!

virginia_gordon likes this.
  15. crashtestdummy
    crashtestdummy Well-Known Member
    Like I said with the frosted detail plastic thread, I'm going to sit out and see how things shake out. Unless I need it right away I'm going to take the wait and see approach. Comparing the two price changes, they are taking two routes to the same goal see if one wins out or if the prices are beyond what the market will bear in one or both markets/

16. xela
    xela Member
    Are the new prices already active?
    Because the silver material page, for example, still displays the old prices...

17. Evette
    Evette Member
    Punishing more complex designs defeats the purpose of using 3D printing. This is shocking... I hope Shapeways folks reconsider this pricing change. I highly doubt your customers/fans here are utilizing your services for making simple rings.

MANDELWERK and Malwen like this.
  18. Hi! I have a question. If it was like you said (the result of surface and material is under the minimum price - the product will cost the minimum price) why do I see my rings like this? Shouldn't be 17€? Or did I unsterstand wrong?
    Thank you a lot!
    Annalisa

Attached Files:

19. PenistoneRailwayWorks
    PenistoneRailwayWorks Well-Known Member
    I was confused by this as well, but the minimum price shown in the popup isn't the minimum price, rather it's the amount added to the cost to bring the total up to the minimum price. It's certainly not very intuitive,

Mark

20. Hi Mark, this makes sense! Thank you :) But still, the minimum price for raw silver posted here was 22,50 dollars (20 euros more or less) so my ring should cost 20 euros and not 25... am I missing something? Thank you again for your quick reply!

Annalisa