Closest (cheaper) Material For Testing Out Platinum

Discussion in 'Materials' started by 1178958_deleted, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Hello! I'm creating a ring and printing it out in platinum (or White Gold but most likely Platinum), but I want to test printing it in a similar looking metal first that won't cost me as much. I did a first test already in Premium Silver, but I think the ring came out looking a lot thinner than I expected and it had a lot more shrinkage than the 10% that Platinum is supposed to have. I'm thinking I'll try regular Polished Silver now but I want to make sure it's the next best choice.

Now I have a new and improved design to test out but I want to get people's opinions on this first as I don't want to spend to much money on these tests, since I might have to print out one or two more if I'm not happy with the final result.

Thank you all for your help in advance!

2. So I went out and did the test in Premium Silver and it came out fine, so I'm about to print out my final material in either Gold or Platinum. Does anyone know if those two materials have a similar shrinkage to Premium Silver? I really need to have an answer to this question as I'm about to make a big purchase and I don't want to mess it up. Thank you.

3. christhorn
    christhorn Member
    Hi there, how did your platinum ring turn out? How did it compare to the polished silver ring?

Chris