In Need Of Uploading File, Help!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1505176_deleted, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Hey everyone and anyone!
    Okay so, Ive had a 1:1 scale bust designed for me on Zbrush and the file emailed to me (STL in 3 seperate files) however I dont know much/anything about what I need, to open and or upload the STL files. Also the biggest file is around 400mbs which is apparently massive? Is there not anyone that can tell me exactly what to do so i can just upload this and get it printed? Or if anyone is willing to do it for me if I email them the files? I dont know..
    HELP A NEWBIE OUT!!
    Thankyou!

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    There are several ways to do it. Easy and free is to look up netfab basic. I believe it has a decimate tool in the basic version. this will reduce the size and triangles. Do you also need to scale it down? 1:1 is probably pretty large. Netfab basic can scale your model down.

3. kaadesign
    kaadesign Well-Known Member
    Could You provide a download for the 1-2 smaller files? (i.e Dropbox )
    I´d like to examine the files.
    What is the limit for Shapeways models? 60MB / 800.000 Triangles?

4. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    Kaadesign, It's one million triangles, which is about 48 megabytes in STL format.

The Zbrush artist should have provided you with decimated STL files for you to use. An STL file in the 400 Mbs range is pretty much not usable to just about everyone. If you could send me the ZTL file or files I could get you setup with the proper sized STL files for uploading to Shapeways. Or, if they didn't give you ZTL files you could send me the STL files and I can fix those up for you too. Dropbox.com will let you store and send up to 2 GB of data for free. You can either post the download link or links here or send in a private message.