Unable To Clear "unable To Print" Pop-up On Product Offering

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by owlmtmodels, Mar 28, 2017.

1. owlmtmodels
    owlmtmodels Member
    Every time I enter one particular product page which once failed a print, it still pops up a huge warning that the model isn't able to print, dispite the fact the last round of models printed fine and I've updated the file model about 3 times since it said that it failed. Do I need to scrap the product page as bugged and upload a clean file? Very weird.

Also the link to the help page from the error pop-up doesn't exist anymore either... so Shapeways needs to do some HTML linking updates.

2. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    I have a few of those.. the problem is that it was rejected in a different material than the one which has successfully printed. I'm stuck with it unless I want to reset the FirstToTry by doing a new upload.

3. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Can you provide the link to the item? I'll see if I can reproduce, and report the broken link as well.

4. owlmtmodels
    owlmtmodels Member
    I ended up deleting the page and reloading the model... not exactly the best solution if it was publicly announced.

5. owlmtmodels
    owlmtmodels Member
    Ok, the problem is back again it seems. Even though I've updated the files, and everything checks out, I get a message splashed on the edit product page that says:

"Unfortunately this version of your model cannot be printed successfully in one or more materials. These materials have been marked as "Update Model to Print" in the Select Materials list when editing this model. For more details refer to the email sent and/or contact service@shapeways.com."

The link at the bottom is also broken. It seems that customer's can't order the version of the model that has been fixed either. Is there another check box or SOMETHING to tell the system that it's been fixed. Certainly seems like a bug because the link shown is broken.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/7CJDBAL6A/4060-propane-2-bottle-4-pcs?optionId=62349993 is one of the products effected. The brass version of the model now uses a different file, but customers don't seem to be able to order.