Texture Not Uploading?

Discussion in 'Tips and How-tos' started by 1473515_deleted, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Hi, I have a zip folder containing both model and texture but when uploaded the texture is missing like it has been ignored. The model was originally made in Maya, exported as an FBX and converted into a DAE file and the texture image is a jpeg.

I have attached the zip folder contains both model and texture in this post. Have I missed a step somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Can you try exporting your model as WRL or X3D instead of DAE ? (I have not been able to make your file work even for previewing with view3dscene - when I remove the normals data, the program starts complaining about there being only 10108 coordinates in the vertex points list but index numbers of 10109, 10110,... in the triangle face array)

JackFinnie likes this.
  3. Thanks for your help and suggestions but I can't seem to export the file as an WRL or X3D. Unless I missed them, I couldn't see any plug-ins, but I am using an older version of Maya (2015). I installed a very old plug-in for X3D exports but it unfortunately does not load. I think new versions of Maya feature a built in X3D plug-in so I will install a trial and attempt this.

4. mkroeker
    Playing around some more, I do get the texture to appear in view3dscene if I change its texture scaling mode and switch off all lighting calculations. Still no luck with shapeways however - perhaps try with a smaller texture image than the current (8533x8533 pixel) one ?

JackFinnie likes this.
  5. Thanks for your reply, I opened the original texture in Photoshop and saved it as a much smaller sized jpeg. I tried uploading the zip folder with new DAE and JPEG to the workshop, but it still is unfortunately not reading the texture file. I've attached the new zip folder to this post just incase.Thanks again for your help mkroeker.

Attached Files:

6. mkroeker
    That version has a local file path for the texture in the dae, but after fixing that I still cannot get it to recognize the presence of a texture, sorry.

JackFinnie likes this.
  7. No problem, thanks for all your help, I'll try and play about with things and do some more research and hopefully I will find a way to get the texture up.