Say Hello To Oscard...

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by mygadgetlife, Jan 5, 2017.

1. mygadgetlife
    mygadgetlife Well-Known Member
    Inspired by @3DPrintGermany's credit card dice, I set myself a design challenge over the holidays to come up with a fun item that could be packaged up in the dimensions of a credit card.

The result is OSCARd (or just OSCAR to friends) - the credit card action figure.

Snip, assemble and pose - that's it!

OSCARd is customisable with space on his chest for images/graphics of your choice.

Shop link: http://shpws.me/NbWq

IMG_cards.jpeg

IMG_fig1.png

IMG_1leg.jpeg

Malwen, Phrogz and Andrewsimonthomas like this.
  2. Andrewsimonthomas
    Andrewsimonthomas Well-Known Member
    nice nice! Hi Oscard!

would you guys like to do a credit card sized design challenge? I think we have a few other products that fit into this and we could put the best ones into an email out to the community

3. mygadgetlife
    Ha ha I was thinking this very thing earlier! Like I said I was inspired by Jan's Dice and also the credit card chess, but there must be others. Setting constraints focuses the mind :)

4. seriaforma
    seriaforma Well-Known Member
    Very cute!

5. 3DPrintNovesia
    3DPrintNovesia Active Member
    this would be an awesome Idea!

6. SnoozeAlongSnail
    SnoozeAlongSnail Well-Known Member
    Awesome design! I do think a credit card challenge would be fun.

7. mygadgetlife
    Thanks!

It struck me as the kind of challenge Kinder egg toy designers have. It has to be fun but fit inside *that* egg lol!

It helps also that I love credit-card gadgets in general and action figures...

Steven