Chinese Foo Dog

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by Nickola, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Nickola
    Nickola Well-Known Member
    Hi,

A short story about this statue...

At my early ages as a very young boy my family had placed two pieces of a similar pair of Chinese Foo Dogs in our house in blue porcelain. At that time I didn't know anything about this beautiful symbolic statues and to be honest I was a little scared of them! Over the years these statues have been lost from our house... A few days ago I have accidentely saw a picture in the web and I remembered them. Beautiful family moments cross my mind as soon as I saw them! So I've decided to use my skills to make one. It doesn't look exactly the same we had in my childhood but still is quite beautiful in my opinion! Now as I read about it I know that, besides other meanings, it has the power to protect! So, in my eyes this adds more value to it!

I'll sure make one for my home and I'll post true pictures in the near future

The only "problem" is that i'm not sure which color to choose (to have it printed) for best results although i know that these kind of statues usually come in light blue porcelain.

Please if you like give me a feedback and justify your opinion about the color (any color available in porcelain ) not just from the three below.

710x528_17752271_10420828_1487503058.jpg.png

710x528_17752269_10420828_1487503068.jpg.png

710x528_17752268_10420828_1487503096.jpg.png

Thank you

2. SnoozeAlongSnail
    SnoozeAlongSnail Well-Known Member
    The blue is nice, but I'm a fan of celadon green as well. I think it looks very elegant for some reason and seems to bring out the detail in a model very well. I haven't held a porcelain print in my hands yet though, so I'm certainly not an expert :)

Nickola likes this.