Uneven Edge Problem

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Pico, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Pico
    Pico Member
    I'm having a problem with an uneven, scalloped edge on 3 parts from order # 1636059. I have ordered this part previously with no problem and have examined the mesh; it is identical to the other side, which was perfectly printed. It is caused by the protrusions on the rear of the part being placed too close to the edge of the print. These protrusions have something to do with the printing process: I don't mind them if this was on the back, or even on the front, they are easily sanded off, but in this location, they cause the scalloping. I have attempted to fill then with CA glue and microballoons, but that isn't working. This is a model car grille, it will be painted with a chrome paint and any unevenness will be obvious. Could I have a refund on this so I could reorder and would it be possible to include a note to the printers not to position the protrusions ( or whatever they are) close to the edge? Other than that, the part printed beautifully ! Thanks for your help, Pico DSCN7895.JPG DSCN7900.JPG DSCN7903.JPG

2. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
  3. Pico
    Pico Member
    Thanks for the information; I'll do that.

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Of course! We guarantee all prints. So refund is no problem. Which material is this? Maybe we can help salvage the pieces as well?