Bug Or Bad Design? Order Of Images

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by MichaelAtOz, Feb 25, 2017.

1. MichaelAtOz
    MichaelAtOz Well-Known Member
    For my range of dyson tool holders, which come in 1,2,3,4x and two spacings, I used variants to keep the numbers down.
    With the limited variant choices I was forced to use size, so medium and large for the spacing.
    So I did a diagram of the sizes.
    photos size.JPG
    I also have photos. Which I carefully ordered, like so:
    photos edit.JPG
    With the default material first, intending that when a customer views the product for the first time, they will see the default material and thumbs of the size layout and photos. I don't care after they choose a different material.

However, it looks like all thumb renders are at the end of all photos.
    Thus when first visited this is the view:
    photo order.JPG

Not very helpful.
    This is the view when clicking the left arrow:
    photos left.JPG

What I'd like is:
    photo wanted.jpg
    Which, to me, is how I have defined the order, as shown in the Product Edit image above. As per "Prioritize your images in the order you want them to display in the image carousel on the product page. The highest priority image tagged with your default material (this is your “default image”) will be the first image most shoppers will see when viewing your product."

So, is this a bug, or what we have to live with? (I could for example load up a second copy of the size & photo)

edit/ looks like I mixed up captures of two product pages, the x2 and x4, but you see what I mean /edit

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  2. MichaelAtOz
    MichaelAtOz Well-Known Member