Paintball Barrel Gopro Mount Needed

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by op_theflash, Feb 17, 2017.

1. op_theflash
    op_theflash Member
  2. philnolan3d
    philnolan3d Well-Known Member
    I could make that pretty easily. I do a lot of work with people on Shapeways and have my own shop here. I've been working in 3D professionally for about 14 years. You can see some of my work on my website http://philnolan3d.com
    This should only take a couple hours if not less. Contact is phil (at) philnolan3d.com

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  3. op_theflash
    op_theflash Member
    Thank you Phil, I appreciate your quick response. I have someone assisting right now, but if it doesn't work with him, I will contact you here. Thanks again and have a great weekend!

Regards,
    Orlando

4. cynosurex
    cynosurex Member
    We design these kind of parts for our online store. Will be designing one soon.

5. op_theflash
    op_theflash Member
    Thanks cynosurex, if and when you do make this available, please post a link!!

6. cynosurex
    cynosurex Member
  7. op_theflash
    op_theflash Member
  8. cynosurex
    cynosurex Member
    That would be easy to do, but not sure if it will be possible for 26mm. Might snap when you pull it apart to mount to a scope. But if you can slip it on from one end, then it will be ok. We thought you plan to mount it to a scope. Would you mind telling us your purpose? That helps us make this kind of design decisions.

9. cynosurex
    cynosurex Member
    We have completed the single screw version:
    https://www.shapeways.com/product/T2GF5W76N/gopro-mount-for-1-quot-tube?optionId=62010273

Note: This model can be slipped onto an 1" tube without any problems. However, we have not yet tested its ability to snap onto an 1" tube from its opening. Snap it onto an 1" tube at your own risk.

The lead time for us to test this model is about 3 weeks, because that's about how long it takes Shapeways to print and send us a copy. If you can't wait that long, I suggest you go with the other two models as they are guaranteed to work based on our prior experience with other designs.

10. op_theflash
    op_theflash Member
    Hello again cynosurex, sorry for the delayed response. As mentioned in my response on Monday 1:10am. This has already been designed and product tested (by Tactical Designs). I have field tested their design but unfortunately it doesn't accommodate new and very popular carbon fibre paintball barrels that are 1inch in diameter (and I couldn't get them to produce a 1inch version).

The key features theirs has is the thin wall clamp (that wraps around the barrel), making it unobstructive (since the player aims down the side of the barrel), and the offset design for the camera mount (giving more adjustability when mounted forward or backwards on the barrel, although this is not as important as the clamp thickness). I know your big concern is the clamps wall thickness, which I measured "0.0760. The material Shapways uses is impressively strong and flexible, exhibited by this clamp I have stretched the split opening to slip over the barrel with no signs of fatigue, or snapping, or cracking! One thing that would improve Tactical Designs design would be to lengthen the clamps width. It's currently ".03935, and if lengthened to ".060, it would help stiffen the clamp.

I can guarantee a good selling point for this mount which is very appeal-able for popular carbon fibre barrels made by Planet Eclipse. No one has a mount for this barrel yet. I myself need at least 3 of these. If you choose not to do these improvements on this for me to try out, I will still give your latest design a try.... Thanks Very Much, and I appreciate your help!!

Attached Files:

11. cynosurex
    cynosurex Member
    Thank you for providing thorough specs and insight. I do not have time tonight to thoroughly analyze it. I will do so tomorrow and get back to you.

12. cynosurex
    cynosurex Member
    Can you provide a photo caliper measurement of the 1" paintball barrel? Your original specification says 26mm. 1" is actually 25.4mm. Using the single screw design, the exact barrel diameter becomes important. Thanks.