Need 3d Design Help

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by 1481940_deleted, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Need price quote to design a device (locking frame and accompanying tiles) that is very similar to the metal version of cryptosteel. The link to the item I am looking for is below. I like the metal version but prefer to print myself in PLA. Preferred file type is .stl I don't need the new device to be as fancy and intricate as metal version. A basic locking frame with ability to insert letter tiles for up to 12 words with max 6 letters per word. Size is flexible but prefer to keep less than 6" x 12" if possible (somewhat portable). Feel free to reach out with any follow up questions.

https://cryptosteel.com/product/cryptosteel-mix/

2. lymanbishop
    lymanbishop Well-Known Member
    I can help. Reach out to discuss.

3. Looks like a pretty easy design and build because of the rectangular shape. Could very easily model and print this in PLA with little if any issues. I just don't fully understand the function and purpose of the cryptosteel itself. If you're interested in going over the specifics so we can narrow it down to what you want that would be helpful. Based off what I've seen though I don't suspect this to cost more than $30 at most.

Let me know what you think.
    Sincerely,
    Morton Barsky

4. –--------------------------------------------

Hello Morton. If you are free to talk I'd be glad to explain the reason for this. Feel free to email me at Luis.rivera@sbcglobal.net or we can talk using Signal, WhatsApp or WeChat