Vintage Rc Cars

Discussion in 'RC Cars, Boats and Planes' started by Lucozade, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Lucozade
    Lucozade Member
    Hi, can parts for vintage rc cars be replicated? Thanks for looking at this.

Regards Richard

2. Richard,

Parts can be replicated and even improved. What parts are you looking to replicate? You will need to draft the part in CAD software or have it done for you. Scanning is an option but not recommended for mechanical parts.

104516_deleted likes this.
  3. alcyon2sp
    alcyon2sp Member
    of course you can, i do that for the Optima mid and Lazer ZX

4. TijsLochbaum
    TijsLochbaum Shapeways Employee Manufacturing
    Yeah, you can. There's plenty of 3D printed parts for vintage cars on the website already. I've seen parts for old Yokomo YZ10's, Associated RC10's, TopForce, Hornet/Grasshopper and many more.

Most people use our XSF material for parts as it is cheap and strong and very accurate on dimensions so it's perfect to make durable parts for RC cars out of. I've also seen a couple of aluminium and steel parts, but they are a bit more pricey.

5. Dannio30
    Dannio30 Member
    Hi,

What sort of I be looking at to have a set of front arms for an Associated RC10T2? I could send parts as a donor. I would be interested in commissioning numerous parts if this is affordable.

Cheers
    Dan.

6. alcyon2sp
    alcyon2sp Member
    Yes please send samples to me, but I think cost will not be much cheaper than the arms I am selling on shapeways. Have look at my arms prices and decide if its worth it to you.

7. Dannio30
    Dannio30 Member
    Do uounalr
    eady do arms for the T2?

Ta
    Dan

8. TijsLochbaum
    TijsLochbaum Shapeways Employee Manufacturing
    Only just noticed your nickname. Kawada cars are so cool! Will have a bunch coming up on my YouTube channel soon. Recently got a Alcyon, Alcyon 2 and a Sigma.

9. alcyon2sp
    alcyon2sp Member
    Thanks man, I still have a SV10 1 and SV10 II which I heavily modded. But they lost their competitiveness back in 2011 when cars kept getting lighter and lighter. Despite my best efforts, i couldnt bring down the weight by 200gm to match the modern cars. That was its main issue. My modded SV10 II drove the best among all alcyons.

10. alcyon2sp
    alcyon2sp Member