Have your ideas and models created, checked, repaired, shelled, reduce polycount and cost.*

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by Dotsan, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Got great service and a great 3D model, with a short turn around time from DotSan! Would definitely recommend him and his services.

2. 85031_deleted
    85031_deleted Member
    Vijay was awesome,

I gave him an image I wanted to incorperate into a ring design. He did some wonderful prototypes for me. Then fleshed out the final design. We got them done in plastic to check the fittings and the look.
    He was so responsive. Did changes for me the day after I asked, so fast in one case I didn't even notice until he emailed me asking what I thought of the new design!

Super responsive, did wonderful work. I've got him doing some CAD work for another project right now. Behold finished rings. Wife is super happy with them too :)

Attached Files:

3. 85031_deleted
    85031_deleted Member
    Vijay was awesome,

I gave him an image I wanted to incorperate into a ring design. He did some wonderful prototypes for me. Then fleshed out the final design. We got them done in plastic to check the fittings and the look.
    He was so responsive. Did changes for me the day after I asked, so fast in one case I didn't even notice until he emailed me asking what I thought of the new design!

Super responsive, did wonderful work. I've got him doing some CAD work for another project right now. Behold finished rings. Wife is super happy with them too :)

4. For my first experience creating a 3D object...and a very complex one at that, I couldn't be happier that out of the numerous options of talented people to work with, I got paired up with Vijay of Dot San. When they say "We like challenges" they mean it. Vijay, among everything else he probably had to work on throughout my project, stuck with me for each and every detail over the span of almost 2 years. I am 100% pleased with the communication, attention and professionalism. I will continue my work through Vijay, or anyone on the Dot San team for all my future needs in this amazing and growing industry.

Many Thanks.

-Dan

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  5. MrArtist
    MrArtist Member
    Awesome person to work with, listens very good to all my wishes!
    Made a 3d version of the logo of the Ballet-Studio of my girlfriend and was printed by Shapeways.
    My girl loves the logo and it was the biggest surprise I gave her is what she told me!

Thanks Vijaj!

Look at the amazing result!

Thanks again,

Kind regards and work with you in the future if I need something!

Maarten
    Mr. Artist

image001.jpg

6. [​IMG]3D printed at 1/45 scale by Dot San, on Flickr

I am grateful to Shapeways that they have directed me to Dotsan and to you personally and that following this you have done a wonderful job to design tableware in 1:45 scale according to my wishes. The result is highly satisfying and I am very glad that ways and means exist in the 3D printing system to create items of such a small size. I can fully recommend the services of Dotsan and the competent, reliable and prompt way they are handling questions and design orders.

Joerg Behringer
    Germany.

7. Vijay was awesome to work with and my model could not have turned out any better!!! He listened to any edits I had and made them promptly. He was a pleasure to work with and I'll be using Shapeways much more in the future!

Attached Files:

8. Dotsan
    Dotsan Well-Known Member
    [​IMG]QRC by Dot San, on Flickr

[​IMG]WIP UV Mapping by Dot San, on Flickr

[​IMG]Queen's Royal College by Dot San, on Flickr

[​IMG]QRC 12 inch Print by Dot San, on Flickr

Blueprint Manufacturing based in Trinidad and Tobago asked Dot San to create a 3D full colour printable model of the Queens Royal College. The only reference available online were tourist photographs and Bling maps.
    The model was created in Rhino 3D, UV textured in Blender and rendered in Modo. There were two versions printed a 9 inch and 12 inch. The 12 inch model was presented to the school and used in the graduation ceremony.
    Project progress images can be found [url="https://www.flickr.com/photos/dotsan/sets/72157653938282143] here[/url]

Client Testimonial:
    Working with Dot San has been an absolute pleasure! From our first interaction, I was promised an exceptional quality architectural file and Dot San has duly delivered. The communication, timeliness, skill level and suggestions were welcomed and all of our iterations were dealt with with minimal fuss. Blueprint Manufacturing would highly recommend Dot San for quality CAD/CAM services.
    Regards,

[url="http://blueprintmodelling.com] Blueprint Manufacturing[/url]

9. Awesome work to say the least. I had Vijay model me a carrot harvester from very little information and the model that he designed turned out great. I wanted a true model so I wanted the wheels to spin freely and be to scale. He made quick work of my demands and added more detail than I ever though possible. I am satisfied and would recommend Dotsan to everyone that is wanting a very high quality item in a reasonable time frame.
    -Bailey

[​IMG]Vogel Carrot Harvester 1/64th Scale, WIP. by Dot San, on Flick

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  10. tokdl
    tokdl Member
    After working with Vijay on several complex projects, I can say with certainty, he is the most knowledgeable, and understanding artist I have ever worked with. My products came out much better than expected and much faster than I imagined. I plan on using his services every time I need a model part fabricated.Many thanks to him for making my projects come to life!

Attached Files:

11. Dotsan
    Dotsan Well-Known Member
    From a very rough 3D scan with over 1.8 million faces and at 180mb file size, I was able to reduce the number of faces to 75000 and file size to 16mb the texture was also cleaned and the model was shelled and made ready for full colour 3d printing.
    [​IMG]3D Scan Cleaning by Dot San, on Flickr

MitchellJetten likes this.
  12. PinionProps
    PinionProps Member
    Vjay was great he helped fix a problem I was having with my model in a matter of mins. I would definately recommend his service.

13. tokdl
    tokdl Member
    Vijay is truly an outstanding artist / designer, in the fact that he has the patients to help me critique my models after I've decided to make a design change in the middle of an ongoing project. Ultra quick response times, means I can get back to work faster than I expected. Vijay shares the enthusiasm that you have in your project, so you are assured, what you are working with, will be what you get.

Attached Files:

14. 877silverado
    877silverado Member
    I contacted Vijay to do a 1/64th scale model of a sugar beet piler (which ended up to be short of a meter long in 1/64th scale). He made a timely effort in creating a model from a handful of reference measurements, pictures, and two youtube videos. He kept me in the loop with project updates and asked questions when the directon wasn't clear. He exceded my expectations of the project. I could not be happier how it has turned out. IMG_2247.JPG

15. Dotsan
    Dotsan Well-Known Member
  16. slotfabrik12
    slotfabrik12 Member
    Wow! Really glad I found Vijay.

He took on my remodeling job and for a very fair price and in a very short time, produced
    a stunning result that was much better than expected. He took every one of my wishes into consideration and offered improvement suggestions that made big differences.
    He proved to be very flexible and always willing to change or modify details in order to
    supply me with the best result possible.
    He was at least 10 faster than the last person I had do work for me and I will definitely be
    sending all of my future projects his way.

Thanks Vijay!

PS will upload pictures of the final model as soon as its done

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  17. Hey Dotsan, thanks so much for the design help. It turned out really good.

Cheers !

18. slotfabrik12
    slotfabrik12 Member
    2017-11-28 22.23.40-1.jpg 2017-12-26 21.01.21.jpg 2018-01-03 01.10.13.jpg 2018-01-29 00.01.24.jpg 2018-02-02 05.00.06.jpg

19. Dotsan
    Dotsan Well-Known Member
    A review by Carey Reid
    "Dot San (Vijay) did me a great service: He responded to my inquiries with carefully considered, detailed feedback. His way is not "Give me money and I maybe things will work out"; his way is "Here is what I think and if this works for you let's consider moving forward together." He helped me focus my ideas and reconsider my next steps in a very constructive way. Thank you, Vijay"

20. Designed a custom not-lego brick for me based off my description and PowerPoint sketches. Dotsan is a miracle worker. Friendly and patient! Cannot wait to see his magic printed and in my hand.