Help Me (how Do I "upload" Here)

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by 1478249_deleted, Feb 19, 2017.

1. I go to "UPLOAD" than i find my file that i want in a .zip (inside are OBJ files and a readme file with a picture of that model rendered in blender). I set it to mm. I press "UPLOAD". And.....this.

Capture.PNG

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Try without the readme and blender picture - you should get a preview of what the site software makes of your OBJ that you can compare to your blender work, but nobody will look at any readme.

3. Thanks for the help but it still shows the same screen.

4. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Is there anything else besides the OBJ ? If not, check if your model is within the other limits - maximum 64mb (zip file size) and 1 million triangles. Perhaps try uploading as STL instead or try checking the integrity of your model with the free meshmixer or netfabb studio basic programs. (There is also a "3d printing toolbox" available within recent versions of blender that may help determine problem areas - for 3d printing as opposed to just rendering, your model will need non-zero wall thickness everywhere just to mention one possible issue)

5. jimmyadvice
    jimmyadvice Shapeways Employee CS Team
    @IanMagic223 the above answer is correct!

Make sure the model file itself is not more than 64 MB/1 Million Polygons

These are our color file requirements:

Maximum file size: 64 MB or 1 million polygons

Filetypes: DAE, OBJ, STL, X3D, X3DB, X3DV, WRL

For color 3D prints: DAE, WRL, X3D, X3DB, X3DV
    Textures files: GIF, JPG, PNG
    Upload as ZIP containing model file and textures

Privacy: Private by default

Make sure there are no other files in the ZIP other than the file and the texture map

Please let us know if you are still having issues - service@shapeways.com