Flurry Of Recent Order Cancellations

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Model_Monkey, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Model_Monkey
    Model_Monkey Well-Known Member
    In the last 48 hours, several sales have been cancelled for thin wires. Nearly all orders in that time have been canceled at least once. Although order cancellations do happen for my shop for the first order because of the nature of the designs, the cancellation rate is unusually high.

I wonder if the rush to decrease the time to print and ship a product has deliberately or inadvertently driven print engineers to reject designs they have accepted and successfully printed in the past.

What's going on that so many orders are being canceled?

[Post edited now that I've had a hot chocolate and calmed down. My apologies for the very impolite original post].

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  2. jimmyadvice
    jimmyadvice Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hey @Model_Monkey

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear about all of the cancelled orders. I don't believe the new production lead times would directly affect any cancellations. Can you send an email to service@shapeways.com with the affected orders so we can check on this?

3. Model_Monkey
    Model_Monkey Well-Known Member
    Thanks, James!

Please disregard. The replacement designs have been uploaded and seem to be satisfactory and acceptable to the print engineers.

Not sure why the very unusual flurry of cancellations, very different from the typical, but the trouble seems to have passed.

Best to all at SW.

Steve

4. jimmyadvice
    jimmyadvice Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hi Steve,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that the replacements are working well. Please feel free to reach out to us anytime should you have more questions/concerns about this.

Best to you as well!