Fire Guitar Guardian - First Hidef Acrylate Print

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by bendansie, Dec 10, 2016.

1. bendansie
    bendansie Member
    Hi all,

Still printing plenty, just haven't posted here in a while.

Got my first Hi Def Acrylate print. Material shows a lot of potential for what it can do. Finish of the arrived product left a bit to be desired. Lots of the supporting material dotted all over the model.

Granted, this is a challenging model to print in terms of support. Glad it worked in the first place. But should I restrict any planned models for sale in this material to ones needing minimal support? Lots of fine detail sounded like it was the point of this material.

Side note - bit of a tricky material to take a photo of, but much easier to see the detail in person.

Cheers,
    Ben.

FireGuitar01_Acrylate.jpg base_01.jpg main_photo.jpg rear_01.jpg surface_quality_01.jpg surface_quality_02.jpg

2. Andrewsimonthomas
    Andrewsimonthomas Well-Known Member
    @bendansie thanks for sharing your feedback here, looks like a wonderful design?

In your opinion how does this stack up against FUD? will these little spots with supports be easy to post-process? overall we'd prefer to leave spots on that you can easily fix than remove to much and risk damaging the surface.

3. bendansie
    bendansie Member
    Could have sworn at the time that the HD Acrylate was the only material it would let me print in from the auto checks. Which is fine as it was the material I wanted to test. Might get one or two of the other materials to compare. Haven't ordered much other than bronze and silver models for quite a while now.