Customizer Text/image Block Placement No Longer Works As Before

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by sixH, Nov 26, 2016.

1. sixH
    sixH Member
    1126161725.jpg I went to re-order a model I had customized and purchased before with a front text and a reverse image block. The reverse image block was no longer in place. I was not able to restore it. It was originally placed dead center. I was able to place a reduced size block on the edges of the model which is not acceptable. I even tried reloading the model. Shown is how the customizer used to to work. I can no longer reproduce the same custom text and image blocks on my models.

http://shpws.me/Mo96

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Are you reordering with the same customization? Then you could go into your order history and reorder. I'll look into the issue you're seeing.

3. sixH
    sixH Member
    I noticed the custom text box has been fixed and works as before. Thanks.

But the image box is only partially fixed. It allows placement in the editor, but it doesn't accept and image in the purchase area.

4. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
    Do you mean you can load an image but can't see it on the model in the customising view ?

If yes, which browser are you using and have you tried that in another browser ?

5. sixH
    sixH Member
    Yes. From the Market place customizing view I can select an image file using the browse button but nothing appears on the model. Along the top edge of the model it seems as if something barely perceptible appears briefly when I load the source image. I wonder if the image is embedded inside the model.

I tried it with IE Version: 11.0.9600.18524 and Firefox: 50.0.1

The customizing view Text box works as expected when I choose CUSTOM TEXT and type characters.

The custom image box once worked perfectly.

6. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
  7. Kidmechano
    Kidmechano Member
    This doesn't seem to be working on either Chrome or Firefox. Maybe it is a plug-in issue? Maybe flash or Java?

8. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hey guys,

This should be fixed now :)